Nowadays hair loss is been a comman problem in women. Hair loss is seen due to increased level of stress or lack of vitamin E in our body. But we can cure the problem with treatments or natural remedies. Hair treatment are expensive and aren’t long lasting due to chemicals in them. So I refer you to go for natural remedies. They are many natural remedies for hair. And Flax seeds remedy is one of them. Flaxseeds has been proved as beneficial to our body – What is Flax Seeds & What Are It’s Benefits. So now have a look at top tips and recipes of flaxseeds for hair growth.
Why are Flaxseeds Good For Hair Growth?
- Rich source of Vitamin E – Main reason for hair loss, premature greying of hair is due to lack of vitamin E. Flaxseeds are a high source of Vitamin E.
- Nourishes Your Hair And Keeps Them Conditioned – Healthy hair growth needs omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids improve hair elasticity. Flaxseeds are a source of omega-3 fatty acids. Flaxseeds make hair strong and ensure that the new hair growth is strong and healthy enough. Conditions your hair to make it smooth and shiny. Avoid hair forming breakage, split ends, frizzy and dry hair.
- Balances PH Levels And Oil Production – Flaxseeds balances the pH levels and controls oil production. These are 2 main causes for hair loss. They calm the sabeceous glands and produce the right amount of oil for hair.
- Soothing Of Scalp – Soothes our scalp and help the growth of stronger and healthier hair.
Flax Seeds For Hair Growth
Including Flax Seeds In Diet
Intake of flaxseeds is also useful for hair growth. Raw flaxseeds are more likely to be beneficial. Snack a 2 tablespoons of raw flaxseeds each day. You can also sprinkle the seeds on salads, and on stir fry veggies for a healthy and a balanced diet.
Flax Seed Powder
Make powder of ground Flax seeds and store it in a air tight container. Add this to nutritious powder to your oatmeal or soups. For a change you can also add this powder to smoothies, muffins or milk.
Healthy Flax seeds Yogurt
Add a cup of blueberries, strawberries and the fruits you wish to 2 cups of low fat yogurt. Add 1 tsp of flaxseed powder and 1 tsp of cinnamon powder. And serve.
1. Flaxseeds Hair Gel
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds
- 2 Vitamin E capsules (optional)
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of Glycerin
Boil water. Add flaxseeds to boiling water. After 5 to 10 mins, when the water comes to gel remove the flaxseeds waste from gel with the help of seive. Note – Do this when the mixture is hot. Afterwards add Vitamin E capsules and glycerin to the gel. At last add olive oil. Mix well. Store it in a air tight container. Apply this mask from the roots of the hair for best results. After application leave for 15 to 20 mins. And wash it off with a sulphate free shampoo. Do this everyday.
2. Flaxseed Hair Oil
In a bowl, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of flaxseed oil and warm it until it is luke warm. Massage your hair gently from roots to Scalp. After applying, cover your head with a warm towel for 10 to 15 mins. And then use a mild shampoo and wash it off. Apply this twice a week for better results.
So have ever tried flaxseed for hair?? Do tell us in the comment section.